Grants/Community Assistance Program
The Deepwood Foundation and The Deepwood Run provide grants and gifts to programs and activities supporting persons with developmental disabilities. Additionally, both programs provide direct assistance, when appropriate, and promotes community awareness of the needs and abilities of individuals with disabilities.
Individuals or programs may receive funding up to 3 times in a fiscal year, not to exceed $1500.00.
The Community Assistance committee is comprised of parents, professionals and community representatives that volunteer their time each quarter to review grant requests. Once a request is approved, a letter will be sent to the individual, family or program, so that it can be shared with the vendor. The vendor should bill the Foundation directly. The following guidelines have been established to improve the tracking of Grant requests and verification of the funding supplied to the various programs and individuals receiving Foundation funds.
1. Those wishing to apply for assistance from the Deepwood Foundation or The Deepwood Run, or both, should download the application form and complete it in its entirety - incomplete applications will be returned.
- Community Assistance Program - Individual Application
- Community Assistance Program - Program Application
- Sample Community Assistance Program Individuals Application
2. Once completed the Application should be returned to the Deepwood Foundation Community Assistance Program. Reviews are held quarterly during the months of February, May, August, and November. Applications must be received by the 1st of the review month (i.e. May 1st) to be considered that month. Those received after the 1st of the month will be reviewed at the next quarterly meeting.
3. Please mail applications and supporting documentation to:
8121 Deepwood Blvd.
Mentor, Ohio 44060
4. After reviewing assistance requests, the committee will send a notice of approval or denial. Funding approval is valid for a period not to exceed 90 days from the date of issue. Note: often times the committee may approve a portion of the request or may assist you in finding other funding sources in addition to Deepwood Foundation and The Deepwood Run.
We understand the needs and impact a disability can have on a family. We are here to help. If you have any questions or need assistance in completing the application, please call the Deepwood Foundation office at 440-350-5208 or email us at email@example.com. The decision of the review committee is final. We are unable to fund items that are already purchased or services already completed.